Remember why you started.
This is what we are all looking for, a future filled with beautiful landscapes and no worries, but we will not get there without thinking for ourselves.
In recent weeks this blog has grown to over 300 subscribers, and for context that has taken me over two years to get there, additionally it has been in previous weeks that I have had so much to do that I have not posted a single thing, however when I was following all the recommendations about how often to post and what to write, I struggled to get over 150 subscribers, but I was tired, and over worked trying to complete my day job as well as the blog on a regular basis, I forgot why I started ironically by pursuing the goal with more and more dedication.
OK so I have noticed as well that a lot of people that have started subscribing are online marketers or people involved in affiliate marketing and such, while this is not a bad thing I challenge you to think of this, if you are following another GURU’s advice and working on it every night religiously to the cost of your freedom haven’t you just actually given yourself another drain on your time and another way to spend money?
And we all fall into the trap of thinking if we just spend a little we can get that extra hit that will create a sale and the viral sales avalanche that will make us rich, problem is for most of us that will never happen, and by most I mean literally 99.99%
I want to propose another way.
First Time Bullshit
Anybody Recognise this ?
The other day I was looking through Linkedin and I noticed a post from the owner / starter of the above brand, talking about how he built the company from nothing and how he stayed up all night packing parcels and printing t-shirts, if we ignore the fact that basically the brand is simply just that, a marketing exercise, the fact is that he was the first person to try social media marketing, that is a fact, they sent some of their clothing to people that had established youtube channels and they basically sold the product for them.
This can never happen again, I am not bitter or stressed by it, I just want people to stop chasing the advice of people that got there first, if you do not believe me then just look how many clothing brands are out there trying to be Gymshark, you don’t see their CEO’s on Linkedin talking about how much money they have because they don’t have any.
So to listen to how this guy did it should be a lesson in how to spot a gap in the market, or get lucky, or simply just for the entertainment value of listening to somebody who has what you want flaunting it in your face and charging you for the privilege of sitting there being told they have more money than you.
All the time you spend listening to the Bullshit is more time that you could be building your business.
Two Ways to Freedom
So there are only two ways, unless you have made it and are just here for a laugh, the first is of course to come up with an original idea, by original idea I do not mean just a new product or a new way of selling, this can mean (and often does) just a new way of approaching advertising.
Like the Amazon’s and Gymshark’s of this of this world you can find a way to do something that people have never seen before and then work at it till you are blue in the face, you see I don’t say that the people behind those brands (and many others like them) didn’t work hard, they did and they also worked against great adversity, being the new person on the block is always harder because people seem to actively want you to fail, you only have to look back at when Jeff Bezos started Amazon to see the ridicule that he got in the press and on the internet that in a twist of irony he now just about owns.
if you manage to find something like this then for gods sake keep plugging away at it because it will succeed (with a few caveats obviously)
The second way is the way that most of us will need to achieve in order to succeed, that is to take something that somebody is already doing and throw enough money at it so you can ram it down peoples throats 24/7 until they start buying, best example is Bang energy drinks, that guy just kept appearing like a bad smell and threw millions at advertising in an already saturated market, he succeeded where others had failed because he had money to throw at it.
However for most people who are on the internet trying to make money that is simply not an option, drowning slowly in debt, barely keeping up payments, we have become exactly what the establishment wants us to be, drones.
F**K You I Won’t Do What You Tell Me!
Now I am not some crackpot radical that believes that we don’t need money to be happy, and that the path to true happiness is to shed the bonds of commercialised consumerism, hell no! I am as materialistic as the next person, but I believe in wealth not credit lifestyles with glass floors just waiting to crack.
What the Establishment Want
I have said this many times before and I will say it again, the establishment, governments, law enforcement, societies, the rich and the famous, need to keep people like us moving through the meat grinder process.
The steps that keep the rich rich and the poor short lived are obvious if you look long enough at the people around you.
- BORN – Be born and start on your way down the path of servitude, enjoy this time because it is the only time you are truly free as an individual.
- GO TO SCHOOL – Education is essential, you need to learn to read and to write, without this you are at a constant disadvantage, however the education system is designed condition you from the outset and teach you what you need to be a good productive cog, here you learn enough to know what you want and that you will need to finance it to get it.
- GET A JOB – Ever stop to think when you clock on in the morning why you are picking up the shit and the guy that owns the company is on a beach somewhere not giving a damn if you live or die, even leaders like Richard Branson showed is true colours during the pandemic when he made the decision from his private island to lay off loads of employees due to budget issues, this job is your prison it is your ball and chain that you begin your productive life with.
- GET A MORTGAGE – Mortgage (Death Contract) a house built with financed money that does not exist is given to you for a payment each month until you die or pay it off, there is no value to the house, there is no value to the contract but you will give earned money to the bank making your liability their asset.
- PROGRESS – Just through the job market though until you can pay as much tax as you can earn while huge corporations delay tax payments for years and then pay only what they see fit.
- TAKE OUT LIFE INSURANCE – Pay the same institutions that you are paying for your house to insure you against the ultimate end, providing more money for them to lend to others and make more interest on, and when you die they simple wipe the debt based on the insured amount, pursue your family for the rest and then somebody else comes along and “buys” the house from them as they are the ones that can provide the Mortgage.
- DIE – And don’t forget to pay for your funeral upfront because if you don’t and your family don’t have the money it is a bin bag for you!
Screw the System
Screw Robert Kyosaki, his first successful business endeavour was the book he wrote on becoming rich, the man is a puppet of the banking system, in fact I will go further it is people like him that rely on us mere workers to live their lavish lifestyles, in previous posts I have fallen into the trap of thinking that may be the way, if you look back you will find them as I do not delete anything, this blog is about a learning path, not me trying to claim I have the answers, before you start and indeed where I have started and am continuing to progress through is clear your debt.
If you owe money on something then it is not yours, you only have to stop paying for a month or two and see, so here is the first really harsh lesson, however you choose to do it, through working extra jobs or doing some low paying online stuff, take that money and pay off your debts, own your life, take it back from the establishment and start to live.
Once your life is yours you will have started the journey, don’t invest money when you have debt as you will never get a return that is higher than the debt you are paying out, in the worst of scenarios, you could actually be making yourself more poor by having investments.
This weeks Takeaway
I encourage anybody who has taken the jump to buy their life and the lives of their children and partners back from the establishment meat grinder, however you are doing that, but please think carefully about the way you are doing it, anytime you owe money you are owned, stop being owned, stand up and be your own person, you only need to make it through the first year or son before you amass enough money to be able to purchase the people that are required to really make money, once you make that money you get the power to stand at the devils right hand as opposed to being in his path.
Spend this year or more if needed buying your freedom, then once you have done that spend another year making that freedom exactly what you want it to be, and don’t fall for the meat grinder.