Controversial I know but hear me out, changing yourself is not always a bad thing if who you have become is what is holding you back, and for the majority of us that is the case, working jobs we hate on a corporate hamster wheel or even worse dead end jobs that are only “filling in time until we decide what to do” the world has educated the masses to believe that we are meant to work we shouldn’t aim high and routinely we, as a group ridicule the ones who dare to dream.
Don’t Change for Others!
Well no, you shouldn’t change for the sake of others, if you are being yourself and people have an issue with that then that is their issue not yours, on a personal level you should never alter your standards or shelve your hopes and dreams for the sake of a relationship, relationships are supposed to be reciprocal and therefore tolerance and in most cases a certain prioritisation of the partners wants and needs should come first and the other way round too, this way both parties are happy and equally valued, and if you had one person in your corner all all the time helping you to achieve your goals imagine how far you would get, this is not the place to change, love and loyalty under a false banner of intention and desire will always end in tears, Always.
Change Everything Else, However
I posted previously a news article that frankly scared the hell out of me, I do not want to work until I die, penniless and without the ability to enjoy my winter years or to help me children achieve their potential in a world that is getting smaller and more cramped, but to make this happen life has to be treated like a business, with the advent of gamer “professionals” and vlog millionaires the bar and the goal has shifted, you are now the business, and unless you treat everyday as a means to an end you will go out of business and be closed down sooner than you think.
The concept of going to work 9 to 5 and making a decent living, retiring at 65 and living a comfortable life at the seaside with a golden retriever and enjoying long walks on the beach with the Mrs in the sunset happy just to have an ice cream isn’t dying it’s dead, it no longer happens, chances are that if that was how you lived your life then the Mrs left ages ago for a younger bloke who sells rubber dog poo with a nice cheery face on it through his etsy store, and vice versa, this may sound very male biased but to be fair women have been just as capable of making huge sums of money as men, are just as capable of putting in the hours as men and the only thing that historically stopped them from achieving the same positions was having to wade through an archaic “old boys club” culture in business and life in general, this is now largely giving way and quite rightly, so the above scenario cuts both ways.
The process begins by having a look at yourself and having the guts to ask “what am I doing wrong?” and with the opportunities on the internet and global reach the way it is today, if you are worried about money in any shape or form then you (like me and millions of others) are doing something wrong, good news is these things are not too hard to spot I have listed below the one’s I found.
- Sleep late / wake up late – sounds obvious right? then why do we all do it? realise that if we sacrifice the binge watching of breaking bad now we can watch it in a penthouse overlooking the beach in the future, but for now Sleep because nobody functions properly when tired and irritable.
- Don’t exercise – Easy to say, that you want to be a business person or you are too busy to exercise, cardio at the very least is a must, remember you as an organism run on oxygen, cardio will improve your cardio vascular system, so in a basic sense the fitter you are, the faster you are and it takes less time to complete tasks, that way you have more time to do more things.
- Take chances – The easy path is the path of least resistance, yet we marvel at people who are flexible and have trained themselves to be able to practise yoga or gymnastics or even bodybuilders. stop to think when looking up to these people is that what you are admiring is somebody literally chose the path of most resistance, if you are pushing so much there is a little pain then you are doing good.
- Listen – Real simple, if you knew everything then you would be rich already, listen to as many people as possible, most of what is said will be useless, but there is gold in them thar hills!
- Keep Goals in mind – Stop being distracted by everything around you, TURN OFF SOCIAL MEDIA NOTIFICATIONS
If you are looking for something to do while staring at your phone, rather than the latest cat video, or yet another guru shouting at you that their way is best and you should give them thousands to see how, train your mind to be quicker and more agile, try Elevate in the links below (not affiliate links) I will even start a little traineesuperhuman group so we can play against each other.
Call to Action
Now is not the time to start, now is the time to DO the clock has been ticking for some time already and we are literally fighting for our futures, so whatever it is you do, do it better, excel at your chosen field and always run a side hustle, no income is guaranteed that is true, but income that relies on the decisions out of your control needs a backup, because you never know when it is going to fail.