So I have sold something, no not my soul, although if there are any takers (Mega Lolz).
No I actually sold a product, 2 to be precise, and have learned a lot since I last posted, these were hard lessons for me and to be fair they probably won’t be that easy to hear, but if successful you can drown your sorrows in piles of cash!
Harsh Lessons In List Form.
- You are not the magical marketer you think you are, unless you are selling products so quick you can’t pack them, something is wrong, I didn’t know S**t as it turned out and that is why my marketing sucked, stop, take a good look at the competition and work out what they are doing.
- Just because you would buy product from yourself doesn’t mean anybody else will, this little fact was very harsh, I thought I was great but no, I had to spend time learning what people actually wanted.
- Nobody is going to help you unless there is something in it for them, OK not everybody but most, after all every post I do provides a linkback to my shop so even I am not doing this for free!
- There are a million ways to skin a cat, but only one way to get noticed in a sea of people all trying to make money online, shout louder than them, but don’t spam as it will damage you beyond recognition.
- Instagram is good, but you need numbers, sorry but the 500 followers you have don’t mean s**t, take a moment to look up Gary Vee on the subject, I did and followed his advice and started growing users exponentially, still not rich though! bummer hey?
- Don’t whatever you do give up, I work 18 to 20 hours a day and haven’t made a cent, but I have hope and with hope anything is possible.
So there it is, all I have learned in the past week, harsh lessons but valuable, keep trying, don’t lean on anybody cos they will buckle, and make your business a success!