We have launched a new company and I wanted to share here a couple of the things that have become apparent since launching, that I thought might help people who are trying to market stuff online, sell stuff online and generally improve their life, so without further ado, this is the story so far read this.
A plethora of mistakes
The first mistake we made was thinking that advertising or at least paying for advertising, was the answer, it can be the answer but, it isn’t the only answer, there are plenty of companies who will provide clicks, views and even actual genuine human traffic but these are of little use.
The reason they are of little use is because the only traffic that is worth anything is organically Grown traffic, by that I mean traffic that has come from SEO, free advertising, and the judicial use of social media,
Crikey Moses we are old!
We have used social media, in fact, we are learning our way round social media now as we speak but the important thing I wanted to get across is, don’t think that you are going to start your business create your Instagram page do your Pinterest and suddenly you going to be a Millionaire, because it just ain’t going to happen, the company has now been up and running on Shopify for over 2 weeks we have had just over 200 sessions, to put that in context it is advised on Shopify website that in order to receive your first 10 sales the average amount of sessions is 1800, so you can see that we are some way off, you could be asking yourself did you not advertise? well we did, we have spent money with Facebook and we spent money with Instagram, and all (so far) to no avail.
Marketing is still fundamentals – learn what makes your customer tick!
The reason why, I believe anyway, is because we have failed to learn the fundamental lessons of online marketing, this isn’t an absolute science, in fact it’s so far from a science it’s frightening if you like, Marketing is no longer the simple study of the psychology of your potential customers, it is now literally working out who is going to have the biggest influence and asking them to do it for you, likes, follows, comments all the these are the only tools that really count, you can spend thousands on Facebook ads that appear for a second in somebody’s news feed you can literally promote the living s*** out of a Facebook post or a Instagram post all to no avail as nobody has told these people to look at it, the sad reality is you will become a millionaire the moment you become popular or you attach a popular face to your products.
No for less gloom lol
So what I’m really saying is all these products today are the same stuff that people have been selling for years, there are only really a few big companies that are providing this to smaller companies as a white label service for us to go out and try and sell for them, in fact actually if you really wanted to make money the best way to make would be to be one of these big companies, however the reason these big companies are there is because they have the Investment they have the space they have the land they had the knowledge and capital to provide the goods for us to sell,
So how do we get round it? well, I’m certainly not the person for the job in fact actually as far as that is concerned neither myself nor my business partner are really the people to to market a company such as this as we are both virtual recluses, I love IT I work in it and I sit at home for hours on end on computers that isn’t a social person, and to be fair my business partners even worse so what do we do?
It’s not pretty but neither is failure
We go way beyond our comfort zone, that’s what we do that’s the only thing you can do there are lots of people making lots of money and you look at them, and question their sanity, wondering how they can do the things they do to gain popularity, I have wondered how they just don’t die of embarrassment but I am sure they are comforted by the money they make ,
All is not lost
So now that I’ve bummed you out with a little bit of reality I would like to share with you my company website So that you may go and have a look for yourselves.
However in order to provide some kind of value which is what I’ve always wanted to do on this site I thought I’d put together a quick list of the things that we discovered since we started, that I think will serve anybody who is starting out trying to make money on the internet a lot better than some over wealthy cretin telling you how he makes £9,000 a second by squeezing an orange or something stupid like that.
- Everything costs more than you think it is going to, there has not been a single aspect of this business, and I mean not a single aspect, that has cost as much as we thought it was going to, it is all cost exponentially more, the products cost more the time to receive them was longer, the cost of advertising was higher, the cost of time literally sat tried to workout programs and everything to advertise with was a lot longer.
- You do not know how to use a program until you have tried to use it in Anger, sounds daft I know but the fact is I thought I had a very good grip on websites I thought I had a very good grip on HTML, I thought that Shopify would be a walk over, I honestly thought that with my knowledge we would be absolutely fine, the reality was many many many nights sat up trying to work out what the hell I had to click what I had to press and what to put where to get this site to look how I wanted it to look and it’s still far from finished..
- Not all advice is worth listening to, sounds daft again for this to be a bullet point at the end of what is a long diatribe of me banging on myself trying to advise somebody, however I do believe it is important, the fact is that there is going to be a plethora, an absolute Avalanche of advice and comments and blog posts and people trying to sell your services telling you that is the only way to go, listen, the fact is that the only way to go is to understand that you are not going to launch your service, business, blog, whatever the hell it is you are doing and next week be ordering your Tesla, it just isn’t going to happen, but don’t despair, because if you allow yourself the time and you realise that looking at these programs, systems, services that are available to you through Google, YouTube all these places Instagram and so on, you will soon realise that when you do something your actions have an almost immediate reaction, what we found was that literally we would post something on Instagram and that post would equal (within the next half an hour to an hour) a certain amount of shop sessions, taking that information you look at what you’ve done, what you said, and who you said it to, and frankly keep doing that if that makes your site busy, if you get sessions, or you get likes, if you get people starting to follow you then you doing it right don’t keep pushing a dead donkey literally look at what you doing if you ain’t working change it quickly.
- Don’t be shy, Sounds like a really obvious one, and I get that but we were shy we are both shy in fact, that isn’t going to sell anything when Jordan Belfort was selling stuff to people he wasn’t shy, that’s how he managed to make as much money as he did, ok fair enough he did it wrong and he tried to steal money from people, which I hope you’re not going to do and certainly we don’t intend to do either, but the fact is that confidence and popularity sell, in today’s society that is literally it, if you are confident and you are popular enough you can literally tell people whatever you want and a good majority of them will either agree just to be part of that popularity or they will follow, so if you are shy and you want to sell something then suck it up take a picture, post on Instagram and get over the fact that nobody honestly really cares what you look like or sound like.
- Have fun with it, if you are not enjoying what you are doing, or what you are selling you will not do it or sell it to the best of your ability, when something is a task to do we shy away from it we stop, we don’t put as much effort in as we should do, and we don’t double check everything because we’re glad when it’s over, if you are passionate about what you’re doing remember what you’re doing it for, if you’re setting up an ecological service or business that’s going to help save the Planet and you want to help save the Planet and you are into green ideology then do it you know you will be passionate about it, but don’t ever lose sight of why you started if saving the planet is what you want to do, then remember every single time you sit at that keyboard or you have to go through yet another zoom meeting the fact is that what you’re trying to do is save the Planet, if you like me are a staunch capitalist and you just want to make plenty of money enjoy your life, not interfere with anybody around you and leave something for your children when you’ve gone then keep that in mind don’t ever let that go always think whenever you think I’ve had enough I want to go home I want to switch this computer off, I want to finish, just remember why you’re doing it because why you’re doing it is what’s going to see you through to the end.
Frankly if you’ve made it this far then I am very impressed and I’m grateful that you’ve listened to my ranting for this long, my intention is not to upset anybody or not to try and act as if I’m some kind of Guru because frankly I’m not I’m far from it I’m still skint I’m still trying to make my way through this world, I’m still trying to build internet businesses and I am not really succeeding frankly, if I was I would have a lot more money and I haven’t, please don’t ever take anything I say as anything other than well-meaning advice, if you sit back and think about what you are doing, if you follow a specific goal that you are passionate about achieving no matter what that goal is, and if you believe in yourself and your own intuition in the face of potentially conflicting advice and instruction you will eventually make it somewhere, but it isn’t going to be quick, the links to my website or underneath please have a look and if you have any suggestions any thoughts let me know, we are going to embark on other ways of trying to get people to the site other ways of trying to attract business, looking at prices and that type of thing and as I go through I will fill everybody in as best I can on how I’ve managed to make it work if indeed I do, as I’ve always said I firmly believe the internet is vast enough at the minute (and certainly in my lifetime) to not have to bow down to the traditional views of competition, we do not need to restrict information from our peers in order to make a vast amount of money we all together and by sharing of information become part of a circular supply and consumption model that the internet has brought civilization for the first time ever, we can by helping each other, design and build and market businesses for a better future, that will benefit consumers and benefit ourselves ok sure if everyone becomes a millionaire then £1000000 wouldn’t be a lot of money but I still like it compared to my current situation.
So good luck everybody I hope that whatever endeavors you are undertaking work and I look forward to talking to you in the next (dare I say) thrilling installment.
- Instagram g_f_pharma
Some of our products should you choose to have a look.
Whatever your training goals protein is and always will be the building block of success, without it your muscles cannot adapt as easily and ultimately this will slow your gains in your chosen discipline, but simply piling in the food is not an option, lean power is what it is all about, carrying fat is just a waste of energy, so how do you get the extra protein in without the added fat and carbohydrate?
80% Diet protein supplies 31g of high quality bio-available protein with just 1g of fat of which only 0.04g is saturated, so you can be sure that with our 80% Diet Protein you are supplying your body with the best tools to adapt to your lifestyle.
Explosive power and concentration is the recipe for success no matter what your fitness discipline, GFP Pre-workout powder is ideal for adding that edge to your workouts no matter what kind of day you have had, formulated to support Nitric Oxide production during training the increased blood flow will provide increased pump and strength as more oxygen feeds every contraction.
GFP Fat Metabolisers are designed to support not only your fat loss goals but to promote more productive training sessions and increase mental focus whatever your chosen sport
A broad spectrum multivitamin / mineral combination, containing important nutrients from Vitamin A to Zinc in an easy to swallow form.